• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What do you put in your sandwich?

crunchymilk

Bluelighter
The most simplest snack/meal, what do you put in your healthy sandwich?

I made this thread to steal peoples ideas haha.

Today's sandwich is kind of boring: wholemeal bread, hummus, tomato, cos lettuce, cracked pepper.

Normally I'll use mushed avocado as a spread & have some bitter greens like rocket, baby spinach etc, perhaps some sprouts & grated carrot, or cheese :) Cottage cheese & mustard is good on toasted sandwiches.

I'm a big fan of rye and sourdough bread too.

peppers (any kind)
tomato
hummus
cucumber
avocado
onion
black olives
sprouts
spinach (if no lettuce)

I basically use as many of these things as I have, but the more I put on, the thinner I gotta slice em :(

These all sound delicious, I went out and bought me some avacado, baby spinach, and sprouts. Made me a turkey breast sandwich with said ingredients, yum!

Lightly toasted whole wheat bread, little spread of mayo, little pepper, lettuce, turkey, hot buffalo wing spicy chedder :) - pretty healthy and delicious.

Some soft cheese - goat's cheese is delicious - and sun-dried tomatoes make for a simple and delicious sandwich...

...but mostly I enjoy my good old PB and syrup sandwich because I hate fresh stuff on bread.

amazing, i love just a plain ole doritos (cornchips) nd butter sandwich.

but if im being healthy, tuna, lettuice, onion, lemon zest and mayo.
mmmmm

good thread

I don't know how I forgot about cheese. A good cheddar goes a long way. As far as meats, turkey and bacon reign.

peanut butter
nutella(chocholate spread)
honey
strawberry jelly

came up with it while i was real stoned. delicious munchie food

peanut butter
nutella(chocholate spread)
honey
strawberry jelly

came up with it while i was real stoned. delicious munchie food

Peanut Butter (crunchy with 100% peanuts) and Honey has to be my favourite unhealthy (well calorie-dense anyway) sandwich topping combination =D

I use rye/potato bread and toast it moderately
then put on a thin layer of good mayo
then a slice of smoked turkey/ham
then some alfalfa sprouts

then just layer it according to how hungry I am

its so damn tasty <3

mustard lettuce tomato onion and some sort of kosher meat. or tomato avocado/chicken. or hummus and chicken. yum

Lightly toasted ciabatta bread/roll or those thin buns (honey wheat or wheat flavor) for starters...

For the inside:

- turkey, bbq chicken, salmon, buffalo, lean ground beef, bacon, mahi mahi (yummo)!

- avacado, baby spinach, cheddar/colby jack cheese, tomatoes, pickles, red/yellow/green peppers, romaine, hummus (Trader Joe's edamame hummus is ridiculously awesome)

- light/ff ranch, honey mustard, sierra nevada pale ale mustard (omg yum), organic ketchup

Mix n match for foody goodness.

Eh, this is not very healthy, but I am not much of a sandwich guy... two toasted blueberry Eggo waffles and some Breyer's vanilla ice cream in between. Fucking delicious.

any bread I have in the house with mayo, sliced tomato, chorizo topped off with mozzerella and grilled till the mozzerella is melted mmmm yummy
the other one I like is cucumber pastrami mayo with gruyere over the top.
I think though for quickness a fried egg and bacon sandwich is just the all time favourite.

SIMPLE YET HIGHLY EXCELLENTOOO!!!

350grams cold cut thin cut roast beef
small handfull or 2 slices cheese - processed or if you got the good stuff - cheddar / mozz mix**
half chopped - fine tomatoh
some romainelettuce.
high quality mustard with seeds, and mayo , bbq sauce optional*

notes; microwave meat , cheese on a large jumbo whole wheat or 12 grain wrap.
add cold stuff.
wrap tight and grill on panini type grill 6 minutes.

ENJOY.

Great thread specially after reading all the boring diet shit in some others : )
My most favourite all time sanga is:
One thick slice of whole grain bread with butter then half a banana squished onto it then another slice of bread covered on both sides with peanut butter and honey then another slice with butter and the other half of the 'nana squished onto that. You then combine the three slices with the peanut butter and honey one in the middle and munch away until you either a: fall over b: vomit or c: orgasm
'Super Health'
Hari Om
edtree

Me n Belarki would come to blows over the jar of peanut butter for sure ;p

Last edited:
I looove sandwhiches!

My basic lay out goes:
|bread|
-mayo-
~lettuce~
~tomato~
*meat*
-mayo-
|bread|

I like fresh deli bread and meat whenever I can get it. When I'm feeling a change of pace I'll whip up some eggs and make a bagel/croissant breakfast sandwhich. Throw some salsa, cheese, and maybe some ham on that bitch and you got a whole hearty meal to start the day. When I feel the time is right I'll nuke a couple strips of bacon too.

Last edited: